About Me

My photo
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
-Emerson

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Creepy Phone

Alright, so this was not necessarily interesting but it definitely caught my eye. The article I found discusses the Elfoid which is a lot like the Telenoid R1, if anyone knows what that is. Elfoid is basically a small, human-shaped cell phone meant to be carried around in your pocket just as the average cell phone. Not only is the human-like design creepy, but this phone is designed to tickle you when it rings. You talk into the devices "belly" and Elfoid streams the voice of the person you are talking to through its face, which seems normal but wait, it only gets weirder... The device is also designed to make similar gestures as the person to whom you are speaking with. It is supposed to resemble an in-person conversation, I suppose, but I find this to be weird and a bit creepy. The idea is pretty nifty but I am not sure how I would handle sitting face to face with a devices like these.

I found a video of the Telenoid R1 just to demonstrate the gesturing of these devices. Let me know how you feel about it. Information received from: Elfoid .




1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I think that's just weird and creepy. I for one wouldn't want a little person in my pocket tickling me every time I got a call. I guess the overall concept is cool, to try simulating a face-to-face conversation. Still, I find it too bizarre.

    ReplyDelete