About Me

My photo
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
-Emerson

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mandated Data Roaming

This is right up my alley... The Federal Communications Commission recently decided to mandate data roaming. Now the big cellular companies will have to allow their users to access their e-mails and such, despite that they pay their dues to a regional carrier.

I have a dumb phone so I was not aware that roaming charges were even being applied to those with data plans so I was a bit surprised roaming charges still existed. I definitely can see why the FCC decided to include data roaming. It was inconsistent with the dismissal of roaming charges for voice calls and messaging. I think that this change will definitely be something most cell phone users are grateful for, especially those without dumb phones like mine.

FCC Mandate

No comments:

Post a Comment